Lawyer’s with websites need marketing techniques to introduce prospective clients to their legal services.
Whether you’re small- or medium-sized law firm, the techniques in this article can be used by you or review with your team to create an effective marketing strategy.
Take some time to decide which techniques are worth your time and efforts. You can always get one started and begin testing another later on.
The marketing strategy you create for your law firm will be completely unique to you.
Content is the key to attracting visitors to your website and generating leads for your firm. Here are a few ways to use your content more effectively:
- Offer Downloadable PDF. This is a simple way to capturing contact information from those visiting your website. Simply write a guide are common legal concerns, your area of expertise, or a course of action to take in situations requiring legal services. Putting your contact information inside the guide is a great way to encourage readers to contact your firm.
- Write Quality Content. This can be difficult. Writing blog content that connects with your readers can entice them to share your content on their social media, thereby increasing your exposure and readership. Try focusing on the common concerns your prospective clients may be facing. As well, don’t be afraid to add a “share this with your friends” at the end of each article.
- Share Your Content. For your content marketing to succeed, you have to share it in different places. Join Facebook groups, online forums, and answer questions on Quora. Once there, you can write responses and insert relevant links from your website.
Online Discussions & Groups
As mentioned previously, joining online communities, active forums, and places like Quora is a great place to share your content. In addition, you can also establish yourself as credible and reliable.
Instead of blasting out promotions to your content and links, maintain an active presence and build relationships with those online. Start by choosing just a few places to dedicate your time like LinkedIn, Facebook Pages, and other forums where discussions are regular.
If you don’t have a social media presence, start now. As you share your best legal information online, having a place to reach out to prospects and build a community around you can minimize significant time and resources.
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are still leading social media platforms where you can provide a place to build your online community.
The people who like your page or follow your accounts are likely genuinely interested in your services. Share content directly with them, they are your closest supporters.
Lawyers using contact forms to collect leads can nurture those prospects through email marketing.
Email marketing is one of the lowest marketing costs and can lead to the highest ROI.
As you build your list of prospective clients, consider sending text-based emails only. Most people are familiar with opening emails from friends, families and business associates.
Emails that appear too noisy or filled with distracting images can immediately lead to the garbage bin, or worse, marked for spam.
Make A Video
In today’s media-rich world, video tends to be the dominating trend for both entertainment and sharing messages with others.
Creating videos can range from expensive high production features or your law firm to simply flipping on the camera and talking about your legal knowledge.
If you’re already blogging, consider turning your blogs into a full feature discussion involving you in your office. Having both videos and content related to the blog is appealing to a wider audience as well as boosts your credibility.
Facebook Ads / Google Adwords
Wondering how to increase your following on Facebook or boost traffic to your free consultation landing page?
Facebook Ads provide a range of possibilities to target prospective clients. You can set up your Facebook Ad account in a few steps. After that, you can begin to explore the demographic targeting feature to share your ads with specific audiences.
You should start with a low budget then adapt your ad campaign according to which ads are returning the most.
With Google Adwords, you can push your website to the top of search engines. Unlike Facebook Ads, your ads will be triggered based on relevant keywords that people are using to search online.
Knowing which keywords people are using can help your marketing attract more visitors to your website. However, something to keep in mind is that these keywords can be very competitive causing the price per click to be very high.
Before starting your first ad campaign, you may want to consider these Ethical Rules that lawyers must follow by the ABA.
If you’re a lawyer unfamiliar with how websites are ranked by search engines, SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
There are both on-page (i.e. modifications to your website) and off-page (i.e. your activities away from your website) which can influence where your website appears in search results.
Improving the SEO on your website is a great alternative to paying for advertisements because this can get you free traffic. However, the SEO changes you make today may not take effect right away.
Some things you can start doing to improve your SEO are:
- Creating more backlinks to your website (i.e. sharing your content and pages on forums and other places online)
- Improve the quality of your articles
- Perform keyword research and use the appropriate words on your web pages and articles.
- Improve your website’s page speed (page speed is an important factor that search engines use to rank your website)
Note: As you publish more content on your website, you’ll organically improve your SEO.
Imagine being able to communicate with your visitors while they’re on your website.
Adding a live chat messaging system to your website can enable you to capture more leads and convert more visitors into clients.
Live chat works by triggering a message like, “How can we help you today?” whenever a visitor arrives at your website. Either you, your staff, or an outsourced agent can interact with that visitor.
During after hours, your live chat can continue to collect leads by providing information to contact you via email. You can return to office the next day and respond to any messages in your inbox.
There are a variety of live chat services dedicated to lawyers which is a consideration to ensure confidentiality and privacy of information shared over the chat system.